March 17, 2012

{Courage And On To The Victory}


This morning I woke up and it was grey.  {Yes, I do prefer the British spelling}.  You see, it's been in the heavenly sixties this week and in my mind Saturday would include Planting.  Potting.  Pruning. Etc.  In the new yard.  {New Yard!} Apparently we are being threatened with snow instead.

I saw this wall, and consequently the house and garden belonging to it, on a garden tour a few years ago.  It was the first time I saw a black dahlia.  They also had a hybrid of a lime, lemon, and orange tree.  {In a pot of course}. Beautiful pieces of property.  The question is: Would you plant up all red?  Or would you to two or perhaps three different colors?  This morning I might go for a deep red, bright red, bright melon if I were sticking with geraniums.  Though, the uniformity is rather charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment