February 24, 2012


"It's the house with the red door." Ellie told him impatiently. 
"The red door?  With all the roses?" Jonathan raised an eyebrow.
"Yes. The one with all the roses."
"Well, well."  He whistled, put his hands in his pocket, and continued to walk up the street.  She rolled her eyes and followed.
"Don't you like roses?" She asked. 
"Oh, but I do.  It's just that your roses are cursed and I don't get myself involved with women and spells and the like. "
Ellie laughed. 
"It's true." Jonathan shrugged. "Don't believe me, but I would never cut a single rose.  She was a witch. Lived their neigh 60 years."
"Then she must have been a good witch, because they are the most beautiful roses I've ever seen."
Smiling, Jonathan put his hands into his pockets.  "She was a good witch alright, but those roses are still cursed. I wouldn't bother."  
Ellie shook her head and smiled, "I'm going home right now and cutting a large bowl or roses for my sitting room table.  Feel free to come by for a visit anytime.  Nothing will have changed."  With that she turned and left him standing in the road. 

       

2 comments:

  1. Awesome door. But whose right? Her, or him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I've been wondering all week....maybe I should pay them a visit.

    ReplyDelete